We’re proud to share more exciting news that was announced at our 2016 International Business Conference earlier in the month. This year, we inducted four ERA professionals and two ERA companies into our brand’s Hall of Fame, which honors companies and individuals who have consistently earned high levels of recognition and have made contributions with lasting impacts on the culture and history of the franchise system.
Huge congratulations to ERA Brokers Consolidated and ERA American Realty, as well as Michael Harrington Sr., Tom Grizzard, Sandra McDaniel and the late Jeff Riber Sr., whose award was accepted on his behalf by his wife, Lillian and two sons, Jeff Jr. and Blake. Hear from some of the inductees themselves:
- “ERA Real Estate has served us well in terms of business structure, support and training,” said Thayne Houston, principal broker of ERA Brokers Consolidated. “The brand offers tools and programs to help us run our businesses – not to mention the broker services team, who is always available to help with anything we might need,” added broker/owner Mark Walter.
- “When we opened ERA American Realty, there were nine real estate offices in our market. By the end of 1984, we were the only ones left,” recalled Gloria Frazier, broker/owner of ERA American Real Estate. “I credit our ERA affiliation for our survival and thriving business. Thanks to ERA’s advice, we were able to quickly grow our agent base and begin merging with and acquiring other firms.”
- “I have so enjoyed my involvement with ERA Real Estate these past few decades,” said Harrington, of Harrington ERA Realty. “Through serving on the National Advisory Council, attending annual International Business Conferences and taking advantage of the resources ERA provides its brokers, I have grown my business into what was once simply a dream. Seeing my son leading the firm into its future success is even more rewarding.”
- “When ERA introduced the Team ERA concept, I thought it was brilliant,” said Grizzard, of ERA Grizzard Real Estate. “That is what we are all about – teamwork. Our team exchanges advice and best practices constantly. Collaboration is part of our DNA and I am honored to be joining the ranks of some of ERA’s top players.”
- “I am honored and humbled to become a part of the ERA Hall of Fame,” said McDaniel, of ERA Davis & Linn. “As I reflect on my career, it is the relationships I have made and the service I have offered that have been the most rewarding. I feel it is such a gift to be able to give back to the industry that gave me so much.”
- “From his collaborative spirit, to his deep connections with the ERA community, to his passion and commitment to making us all better, Jeff truly embodied the spirit of the brand,” said Charlie Young, president and CEO of ERA Real Estate, speaking of Riber. “With great admiration and gratitude, we thank Jeff’s family, Lillian, Jeff Riber Jr., Blake and Devon for sharing Jeff with us and allowing us to keep Jeff’s memory alive at ERA as an inductee in the ERA Hall of Fame.”